Monday, January 26, 2015

Food and the West End

So a bit of a different Monday post as spontaneously myself and Tony booked last minute tickets to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the musical in London Saturday and felt like it would be nice to share my day and my thoughts. It's a musical we've wanted to see for a while now and was on our 2015 to do list. * Sighs as it feels so good to tick something off. Spending a day in London we had to naturally eat at an amazing restaurant too. Heres how my Saturday went:

Food: 
I've heard Anna, Lily and Suzie go one about this place so it had to be experiences. Homeslice was the choice for dinner and I am so happy we went. A lovely intimate place with few tables and a nice set of staff, it has such a lovely welcoming feel and obviously.....great food. A 20inch pizza that can be half and half or just one topping, we were in heaven and they were great with allergy help. I had a cheeky glass of wine which comes in a huge bottle, you drink how much you want and they measure it at the end, which is so dangerous. This is an awesome restaurant, takeaway place that all pizza lovers MUST visit!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the musical:
Being a performing arts teacher I tend to watch things in a different way to others, and think technically  and can be very judgemental. I had seen a program maybe last year all about the creation of this musical and had very mixed thoughts on it. I had also read some reviews that were very mixed so went in with a completely clear mind.

From start to finish it had me so interested and was fixated that before I knew it, it was the interval. So many comedy sections which had the audience laughing out loud, children and adults and is all round a great family musical. There were some parts that left you slightly confused like the feeling when coming out of a magic show and were simply just very cleaver. They used one of the most amazing set designs I've ever seen which was so cleaver and really helped to transport you to the wonderful factory itself. The wow's and the ooooo's you heard from the audience the first time you saw the chocolate room was amazing. I had been quite good and hadn't looked up any of the songs before hand and was pleasantly surprised at how catchy and well written the songs were *which I have now downloaded by the way. I probably would go and see it again however am in no rush to go back but all in all was a great musical and very very enjoyable.

Over all an awesome Saturday!
Hope you guys had an alright Monday (as alright as it can be)

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Good to know you had a great time on saturday
    I'm following you, kindly follow back
    http://www.dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that programme to, still debating whether to go and see Charlie or not! And also Home Slice, sounds like a pretty perfect evening to me xx

    http://www.justanorwichgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's defo worth a watch. And is always lovely to go to the theatre isn't it. Oh man, homeslice is so yummy :) xo

      Delete