Friday, January 23, 2015

Fashion Friday - Staple dress



Most girls have a dress they can rely on. A dress that you know will suit many occasions, looks nice with loads of different pairs of shoes, jackets and various make up looks. Well....this is mine. 

Such a simple dress but once on looks so much more. The way it fits is so flattering and being a polka dot pattern is just timeless. The three quarter length sleeves are lovely but can annoy me at times. In the winter I like to wear this with tights, boots a leather jacket and a nice big scarf, but can easily adapt the summer weather just by wearing a cardi and dolly shoes you are good to go for a trip along the seaside. 

Having stumbled across this during a Topshop sale I hope this beauty will last me a while as I have got so much wear out of it I'm hoping it will survive a while more. I might have to start hand washing it as it is slowly shrinking in the wash....even on a 30 wash!! :(

Do you have a staple dress you bust out when all else fails? 

Thanks so much for reading!
Yay to the weekend :)
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Very cute, you look lovely in polka dots!

    http://v0gueandtrends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! So timeless aren't they xo

      Delete
  2. I have a few staple dresses as well. I also have a dress similar to the one you have one. Cute dress; pop of red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with polka dot can you xo

      Delete
  3. I really don't think dresses suit me, the last time I wore one was when I was a bridesmaid about 28 years ago. I'm not sure I want to wear a dress ever again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dresses aren't for everyone. To be honest I dont like to wear them too often. I prefer a pair of jeans day to day haha xo

      Delete
  4. It's a cute dress! I love polka dots! :) You have a lovely blog! Nice posts! xxx
    http://a-sparkle-of-trust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yeah, can't go wrong with polka dots :) xo

      Delete
  5. yeah you are right, everyone does. I have a black dress i always take along with me anytime i travel. http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/ i am following you, please follow back. thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Even if your not a dress person you always have a dress for those times when they are needed. Thanks for reading. xo

      Delete