Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Exfoliating toners


Not long ago, I posted about toner and how it didn't really excite me nor did it interest me. But I can happily say that I have found a love for toner....exfoliating toners.

When do I use it?
I only use these at night and alternate between the Clearasil and the Pixi glow tonic. I find if I use these twice a day my skin doesn't feel as fresh and doesn't look as fresh looking. I guess it's just me.

What are the benefits?
Exfoliating toners contain acid which is actually a better exfoliator than using something with those horrible beads and that, that I've actually found to make my skin feel sore. Using an exfoliating toner also helps with dehydration of the skin. They help your skin lock in moisture which is amazing as our skin goes through so much that drys it out.....central heating, air conditioning, sunbathing, smoking (if you do) and the list goes on.

Do I feel a difference?
Yes yes yes! My skin has never felt and looked so good and fresh. I've even had people at work comment on how my skin looks glowing and radiant (no i'm not pregnant). I have noticed that my foundation/tinted moisturiser doesn't dry out and crust on my dry areas of my face which I used to get quite nervous and conscious about. Not sure if this next point is because of these products but, the balance in colour of my skin has also seen a change for the better. I used to have a lot of pigmentation patches. Now when I don't have any make up on and have just washed my face my skin looks a lot more even and just all over nice.

So will you or do you use exfoliating toners? How do you feel about using a product with acid in?


Thanks for reading
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment