Monday, December 29, 2014

Products I liked in December


A month of rediscovery! December has been lovely product wise as I have curbed my spending on myself due to Christmas being round the corner, which has made me shop my stash often and fell back in love with some products that I hadn't used for a long time.

We've been in our new house since April and this has been packed in my Cath Kidston beauty travel case since. I had completely forgotten about it until my recent clear out and shower time smells oh so good again. To me this smells like sweets, skittles or refreshers. As it's an exfoliator I tend to only use it a few times a week but really does scrub my skin nicely and leaves it feeling lovely and fresh.

Mink and Stone necklace- £56.27- 
I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to design my own necklace on the Mink and Stone website and was entered into their blogger competition. I was over the moon when I found out I had won and before I knew it, the necklace I had designed arrived on my doorstep. I haven't stopped wearing this, to work, into town etc. I have got lots of lovely compliments on it and will continue to wear very frequently.

Sephora eyehsadow- Precious gem- $13- 
This was purchased quite a while ago. It ended up being used a few times and then being added to my collection of single eyeshadows and soon forgotten as I go to my palettes more often. At the start of December I started to rummage for Christmassy products, anything that shimmered or contained glitter and I came across this. Its matches perfectly when put over the top of either Cranberry or Antiqued by Mac. It gives your eyes that tiny bit of shimmer. Perfect for this time of year.

Rimmel London- Spice lip pencil- £2.99-
As you can see in the picture above, this has been used quite a few times. It ends up giving my lips a very dark nude look which as everybody is aware of at this moment in time. It's quite drying and you need to apply some lip balm at the beginning of your make up application. During the day I tend to dab some on to keep the moisture in. This shade looks great for day and night especially alongside bold eye make up.

Maybelline- Super stay 24 hour- £8.99-
I featured this in it's very own post linked HERE so won't go into too much detail. This is just great for Christmas day. Through continuous eating and drinking it doesn't budge and is super glossy with a hint of glitter. It's such a winner.

Rodial- Been venom moisturiser- (sample in picture) £150-
This came in my special edition Glossybox and didn't think much of it when opening the box. I started using it near to the end of November and have completely used up my sample size. I didn't visibly notice changes in my skin but it made my it feel moistured, soft and bouncy. Because of the name I thought my skin was going to really tighten or tingle and I didm't feel anything like it at all. Kinda disappointed (giggles). Its in my favourites because it does make my skin feel lovely and have enjoyed using it.

Thank you for stopping by! Bring on January :)

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I really love your blog so I've nominated you for the 'Liebster Award!', all the details are on my new blog post! - http://hrbx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/liebster-award-nominations.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats so nice of you thank you! I will check out the details :) xo

      Delete