Sunday, December 7, 2014

Primers for the party season


Are you getting in at the end of the day/night and looking in the mirror at your skin which looks like you haven't put anything on it? In that case you are in need of a primer and boy do I have a couple of corkers for you to choose from.

Benefit The POREfessional - £24.50- 
Having used this for ages now I feel slightly biased towards this as my favourite of the two. The first couple of weeks of using it I actually didn't even like it. It felt too oily and really didn't think it worked. However after persisting with it I haven't put it down since and have two other bottle waiting upstairs in my back up stash. It has proved to be a lovely base for make up to go on top of but also something that allows the foundation to remain with the same finish as it did when you first applied it. The round up....a great product!

Laura Mercier Foundation primer- £29.00- 
I've only had this since receiving my Harvey Nichols Glossybox but have been really enjoying this for my day time wear. For some reason I actually prefer the feel and consistency of the Benefit product. This is more gel like and feel wet and thin on my skin, where as the Benefit feels thicker. I prefer this for the day as the thinner consistency and coverage feels nicer to wear during the day and teams perfectly with my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser. 

To sum: Over the holiday season I will be sticking with the POREfessional for those evening occasions where I want to look flawless and the Laura Mercier will be used for those days where you visit family, trips out to do last minute shopping.

Do you already use a face primer? I would love to try a few more.

Happy Monday everyone!
xo

4 comments:

  1. This article is really interesting & the photos are so great!
    Also the design of your whole blog is really pretty, girl! ♥
    I’m following you via gfc & look forward for your next post. You’re great – keep going!
    Adoorablee.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much! Such a lovely comment. Thank you for following me. You've made my day love! :) xo

      Delete
  2. Your post is great ! i really recommend the miracle blurr primer from l'oreal it is amazing :) Keep up the good work <3
    http://cheerfullittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Thanks for the recommendation, will check it out xoxo

      Delete