Friday, December 5, 2014

Wearing red at Christmas


It doesn't have to be the party season for me to rock a red lipstick, but it is something that people like to wear more around the festive period. My problem though is that I really do like wearing red lipsticks and have quite a few and have narrowed it down to my favs for the party season (one in particular that has featured a lot on the blog).

As a Sleek lipstick love I own quite a few of their lip products, but this by far is my favourite shade. It's got a hint of pink in there which is more of a fuscia hint than anything else. Being such a gorgeous mix of red and pink it really does brighten my teeth and skin. It's got great staying power, and not too drying even though it's a matte product.

A lip pencil/crayon that applies smooth, pigmented, handbag friendly and has awesome lasting power...... My list can go on and on about this product. The shade is a lovely bright red, very similar in colour with the Loreal lipstick featured. Great with food as once its on your lips, its on.

Red, red, red with a slight undertone of orange which helps to give it such a vibrant payoff when on the lips. A matte lipstick which I find I need to use a pencil with as smudges on me but really does compliment my pale porcelain skin. A nice bright red to make a statement in an all black sparkly outfit this season.

A very talked about lipstick. Sometimes called the 'perfect vintage red'. The main reason for this is the shade as it looks like such a perfect bright red. Not too much of an undertone to it but a shade that you could imagine Marilyn Monroe wearing. Would imagine it to be very flattering on all skin types and hair colours. Matte finish again.... I obviously like a matte finish. I have to prep my lips well for times when this is going to be worn, however colour lasts well and one you will get many compliments on.

Darkest of the group and is  most definitely a true red. It has slight blue undertones which help to make your teeth look whiter .... WIN! Do I need to tell you what finish this is? No, what I do need to tell you is that you can't fail with this lipstick, especially in the winter. 

Get ready for something different... HIGH SHINE! Yes you heard it right, high shine, velvety smooth liquid lipstick. Once dry it feels like a lipstick on the lips but one that be layered and layered without going all clumpy or funny looking. Also a lip products that applies in a liquid form but doesn't really come off once dry. Sip away at that champagne knowing your Christmasy lips are still very much there.

So that was 6 of my fav festive red lip products for this season. 

Would love for you to tell me yours!

Much love
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. The appocolips are brilliant- so pigmented and they last for hours! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree! Such a great lip choice for a night out. xo

      Delete
  2. Thanks for all the new recommendations! I love red lips. I just wrote aout the best red lipstick I've ever owned! Coincidence!

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com / Funny creator style person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Oh how funny. Great minds think alike. Will check it out now! xo

      Delete
  3. I love your collection! Ruby Woo is my fave :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Yes it is so gorgeous isn't it xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love the Apocalips. Yours is such a gorgeous shade as well! Love wearing a red lip for Christmas

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great product! Highly recommend it :) xoxo

      Delete
  5. love all these shades! so beautiful xx

    www.ohheyangie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet! I am happy with my little group of fav lipsticks but am always open to more ;) xoxo

      Delete