Monday, December 8, 2014

It's all about glittery nails at Christmas



I'm not normally into much sparkle and glitter on my clothing, however when it comes to nail varnish I am most certainly there! You can't beat a good glittery nail varnish on your ring finger or all your fingers, it's Christmas so what the hell. I have four here to share with you, one is very new and the others have been re-purchased.

American Apparel- Supernova- £7.00 -
Takes a while to dry, but when it's good to go, it's a show stopper. Being multi-coloured you can wear this with so many outfits which is great for this time of year when your off shopping, to lunch, seeing family and friends and then going out to dinner. It has a variety of sized glitter pieces which give it a bit of different overall effect which is really eye catching. 

Barry M- Pink Sapphire- £2.99 -
A pot of pink sparkly goodness for under three quid! Such a bargain polish and has great lasting quality when used with a good top coat. The circle pieces of glitter are all pink, but then there are single strands of silver glitter which changes colour in the light which can look so pretty. It can catch the light to look gold, silver, pink, blue, the list goes on. If your going for a proper girlie pretty glitter, this is your gal.

Essie- Leading Lady- £5.44 -
This is one of a kind in my collection as the polish is not see through with glitter. Its actually a dark red which on the brush can look red/black its that dark. The glitter is a bright red and very sparkly. Can be worn on its own, but if thats the case you do need to layer a few times. I normally chuck on any red I have then put this on top. Has the lasting power of shellac and can stay on my nails for what feels like forever. A perfect Christmas Eve/day polish.

Ciate mini- Snow Globe- Full size--> £9.00 -
A clear polish that contains multi sized holographic flakes, which transform your coloured polish into an actual snow globe! One coat gives a few random pieces of glitter but layer on a few coats and your fingers are ready to hit the dance floor. The only issue I've had with this is that some pieces of glitter are that big that they don't lay on my nails flat, instead they stick out and catch in my hair and so on. The holographic pieces catch the light and show of a few different colours. This is especially beautiful when put on top of a nude or neutral polish.

Will you be adding some sparkle to your nails the festive season? Get in touch and let me know! Would love for people to tweet me a picture or tag me in an Instagram post!

Also, a massive hello to my new subscribers! I am so happy to have you hear :)

Happy painting on this cold and dark mani Monday!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment