Monday, December 1, 2014

Hello December - hair, hands and body


Adverts calendars, present panic, wrapping, hot chocolates, Christmas films, dark and cold nights in, the list can go on and on listing all the things I love about December and the run up to the big day. I have some beauty staples that are brought out of my stash every winter to help me through this month.

Cocoa butter: skin therapy oil - £9.99-  I love to use this in December for so many reasons. I can really suffer with dry skin and this can sort that our straight away. After the shower or bath I like to slap a nice thick layer all over my skin and jump into a onesie or some thick pjs. You feel a bit sticky for a while but when you wake up the next day, it feels like you have baby soft skin. To top it off........ it smells like mint chocolate!

Soap and Glory Hand food - £5.50 - A staple in a lot of peoples hand bag or bed side tables, this hand cream is a winning for me any time. I tend not to use this during the other months of the year as I find that it is quite thick and my hands don't really need that much attention. The smell is lovely and typical to Soap and Glory products. Not an expensive product and you get a lot for your money and lasts a long time. I tend to apply this after I've done all my skincare routine and brushed my teeth. I wash my hands and smooth in a generous amount into my hands so it can soak in over night. Bliss.

OGX Keratin oil - £4.99 - I have very dry hair naturally as well as having a lot of bleach through it so I need to take more care in the colder months. I have re-purchased this twice as I found it to be so lovely to use. With other hair oils it leaves your hands feeling so horrible (I'm a bit weird) but this one doesn't leave the strange feeling which made me very happy. I apply it on towel dried hair and a small amount after blow drying. It makes my hair feel advert quality, smooth and silky and the dry horse hair is left behind.

Do you have any winter staples that you swear by? I would to know.

Thanks for stopping by xo

2 comments:

  1. I recently finished up a bottle of that skin therapy oil! I adore the scent and like you said totally makes you feel comfy. I may have to pick up some more to get rid of stretch marks! Lovely post :)

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com / Funny creator style person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beaut! Yeah I totally love it, and I find helps my stretch marks too :)
      xo

      Delete