Sunday, December 28, 2014

Ciate advent calendar


Having watched fellow bloggers feature this advent calendar for what seems year after year, this year I finally treated myself to one. Sometime in November TKMaxx had stacks and stacks of last years Ciate advents at only £19.99! Thats a steal compared to the price of a freshly released one asking £50 of your hard earned cash. I didn't even give myself time to think and just bought it and spread the word so my mum and sister joined the nail polish advent crew too.

Working the same as a traditional advent calendar you open a door every day of advent to reveal a surprise, but Instead of chocolate its nail polish. I was personally so grateful to find this due to recently finding out I'm no longer aloud to eat dairy so to all of my fellow women allergy sufferers.... this is a good option.

Just to clarify I had 2013 calendar which included the following products behind its magical advent doors (In no particular order):

Snow globe, boudoir, Hoopla, Hopscotch, Sugar plum, Fit for a queen, Candy floss, Amazing gracie, Pepperminty, Encorel, Startlet, Chinchilla,Members only, Play date, Ivory queen, Main stage, Pillow fight, Tweed and tails, Caviar metallic pearls silver, Caviar metallic pearls gold, Caviar metallic pearls Midnight in Manhattan, Caviar pearls Cupids arrow, Twinkle toes glitter, Dallas dolly sequins.


If I'm honest I've never bothered with the fiddly stuff like the pears or loose glitter, but having this calendar its allowed me to give them a go when I would normally pass them by in the shops. The only downside I found with this advent was that there were a few shades that were very similar to each other which kind of annoyed me but overall the range of colours is very good.I can honestly say that I don't need to buy any nail polish for a while. 

Were you lucky enough to have the latest Ciate advent calendar? Would love for you to link me to a blog post if you have featured it.

Happy Sunday!
xoxo 

6 comments:

  1. What a good idea to get advent calendars from previous years in TXMaxx, thanks for the heads up chick! I bought a No7 calendar this year, I’m really pleased with what products I got overall! How did you find the quality of the nail polishes? I’ve never tried ciate polishes. Fab post! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! Yeah I've heard good things about it. The quality is good. I did find some of the colours wore off on the tips though. Thanks so reading lovely xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's so much fun! Check it out next year! xo

      Delete
  3. looks great :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete