Friday, November 7, 2014

Makeup Revolution matte eyeshadow palette



Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a shimmery eyeshadow but there's just something about a matte eyeshadow that I love especially this time of year. For an amazing £4 Makeup Revolution give you 12 shades, and a great amount of different eye makeup possibilities.

It contains four light champagne / gold shades which I like to use as an all over lid colour acting like a base for my daytime crease colour. Depending on what sort of look I've gone for, I sometimes can get away with using the lightest shade in the the very corner of my eye as a highlight.


The next four are different shades of brown, some light and some dark. The dark brown is actually a great eyebrow match for me, however I've been going to these brown shades for a daytime crease colour that adds a little definition to my eyes without looking too harsh for the day. And when taking these colours into evening I just go in heavier with the darkest brown to creat a smokey eye.


The last four shades contain a light blue, dark blue and purple taupe shades. Honestly I haven't used these colours yet as they aren't the normal shades I would wear, however I'm very tempted to use the purple shades for a make up look..... (Keep an eye on Instagram as I will upload a picture there if I am brave enough to give it a go).


I am so happy I managed to pick this up in Superdrug as it's very affordable, great colour pay off and includes a good range of shades to see you through many different occasions. It's not that bulky and can easily be taken away on holidays or weekend breaks without taking up too much room, knowing that's the only palette you will need to take.

Are you a matte lover or a shimmer lover?
Do you own this palette?
Will you be buying this palette for yourself?

Happy Friday!
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. This palette seems like a ridiculously good bargain, must pick it up!

    thriftylilpixie.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Defo go and swatch it. Thanks for commenting xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love the shades, I now want a matte eye shadow palette - May have to pick this one up, it's sooo cheap!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! So cheap and really pigmented so you won't be disappointed. Thanks for commenting xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It really is great. On the look out for some more great Makeup Revolution products now. Thanks for commenting xoxo

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's great! Defo go swatch it and have a look :) xo

      Delete
  5. Some FAB color there!

    XoXo :) nikki
    http://www.nikkistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour pay off is pretty good for the price too! xoxo

      Delete