Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Oh, am I blushing?


No matter what time of year, I believe that a nice blush has the ability to tie in any makeup look. I don't stick to summer shades and winter shades, but I tend to go a tad heavier handed when applying in the colder months. I'm using theses five blushes a lot at the moment and am loving using them alongside my autumn makeup looks. 

Top left in a clock wise direction:

Mac Redhead- I originally bought this blusher when I had red hair as it was brought out for red heads. I find that it actually suits all hair and skin types as it contains multiple shades in all in one pan. I swirl my brush in the whole pan to collect all shades and find it works as a beautiful blusher and also manages to give me a little shimmer highlight to my cheeks which can look lovely on a night out when it catches the light.

Benefit posietint- I got this in a gift set and never thought I'd use it, oh how I was wrong. You can use this 'posetint' as a lip colour and a cheek colour which is amazing in itself. As a cheek product it really does give a bright and pretty look to the cheeks. More pinky toned of the group it gives a great fresh glow to the cheeks which you normally spot in summer but can look just a pretty on a winters day and looks lovely and fresh.

Estee Lauder Peach Nuance- This has to be one of my all time fav blushes ever. Such a lovely natural peach shade but as you can see starts as a yellow on one side? This never comes out on the cheeks, and you can see on my swatch that it applies as a nice wearable peach shade. I am a sucker for a peach blusher and bought this within minutes of seeing it. Sometimes I feel like peach blushers can look even more natural than a pink blusher. But to top off this blusher it has a mirror.... need I say any more.

Mac Peaches- When I bought this blusher there was so much hype about it on social media all of a sudden and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. It's very pigmented and if you want a hint of colour a light hand is necessary. With it being so pigmented and orange I do go lighter with this blusher than the rest as you can easily go overboard. I love wearing this in the evenings as it gives a more subtle look but gives a colour payoff that will be noticed. I Definitely understand the hype and is a product that needs to be in everyones collection.


Natural Collection Pink cloudBeing a very pale pink I use this when I haven't got much time on my hands as I know it applies light and can just chuck it on. This is very much like the 'posetint' colour but a tad lighter. A typical baby pink it does look lovely and natural on pale skin. When I use a matte foundation and use this I find it really stands out with my blonde highlights and wear it more during the day for a lighter look.


Left to right: Mac , Mac, Natural collection, Estee Lauder, Benefit

Thanks so much for stopping by on hump day, hope you've had a gooden. If you would like me to upload a makeup look post, please let me know.

If you like my blog, follow me!! :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment