Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mink and Stone blogger challenge


Monday morning I woke up to an email from the lovelies over at @blogginggals asking 
whether I would be interested in joining in with a little fashion blogger challenge, and when I saw that it was dealing with necklaces..... I was already there!

The Mink and Stone website allows you to create your own necklaces from scratch, choosing the length, clasp and beads. So heres my design....... (click on the picture to go to the website and check out my wordy description).


I tend to wear a lot of black,khaki and grey as we get into winter so adding a striking necklace is something I like to do to make my outfit looks a bit more interesting. The choice of beads on the website is a little overwhelming as there are so many, but the process of making it was really fun and could easily get addictive. The glass cluster beads are my fav by far and if I could do another would love a necklace full of those! 

The challenge was to create a necklace for an outfit, and this is the outfit I had in mind whilst creating the necklace. As its very dark and dull and quite punky I really wanted something to add a pop of colour. I loved including the spikes and grey/metal looking beads to compliment the edginess of the long jumper and leather.


High neck on the jumper so when the necklace sits on top of it the colour and the silver will really stand out.
My camera helper was not on form... but here is the jumper, really long and cosy but teamed with the jacket its got an edge. All I have on below are black jeans and black boots.

Overall an awesome website, easy to get around and easy to create your design. I had a slight problem with creating an account but they were great and emailed back instantly with help and advice. Now its a waiting game to see what bloggers have won the challenge and get to see their creations in the flesh. If I win I will do another post showing it off with my outfit and my normal camera helper.

Go check out Mink and Stone

Thanks for reading and keep your fingers crossed for me!

xoxo






2 comments: