Friday, November 14, 2014

Matte flawless finish: My new super base combo


When it comes to my base makeup I'm someone who tends to stick to light coverage foundations / BB creams and tinted moisturisers, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser being my go to product on a day to day basis. 

The Shiseido Natural Matte Foundation (Oil-free) in B4 was hidden behind some large eyeshadow palettes in TK Maxx, and was hidden away from shoppers passing by. I always check the shelves right to the back just incase and can spend hours in the beauty section there as you never know what you will come across. The person I drag in there normally tries to drag me away after a while but on this occasion I found it relatively quickly. This was the only one left and was reduced from £29.99 - £12.99 and was my shade .... so I had to nab it as I thought it must be fate ;)

It's a matte finish which is what I like at this time of year so I can add my own highlight in places I want it to be seen. It has an SPF of 8 which is good for evenings out when your involved in a photo opportunity to avoid flash back. The consistency is thinner than what I thought it would be as I automatically thought a matte foundation would be quite thick. I like to use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush with this foundation as I find it blends the product into my skin so well. You've got to work it into the skin quite hard but its so worth it as the coverage is brilliant. It looked that flawless on my skin that I didn't feel the need to wear concealer with this when going out for a meal as it covered my red patches around the bottom of my nose, and my slightly dark circles under my eyes. Even though I like this a lot I am still just using this for trips out or special occasions as is too heavy for me to wear to work.

I've never tried anything from Shiseido before, however am very impressed with this product and will certainly be a brand I will be looking out for. The Real Technique Expert Face brush is new to my RT collection and I can't believe I've been applying my base with anything else, and has now replaced my buffing brush as THE base brush.

Have you tried this foundation? Have you tried anything from Shiseido before? Do you like the RT Expert Face brush?

Thanks for stopping by :) Follow, comment and say hi!
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! I was so chuffed :) Thanks for stopping by! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm going to start rummaging around at the back of the beauty shelves in TK Maxx now, what a barg!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I have found so many awesome things in there! Can be hit and miss though :) Thanks for commenting xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The brush is awesome! Defo go get it :) xoxo

      Delete