Friday, November 21, 2014

A concealer - That covers


I took Boots up on the latest 3 for 2 offer and picked this up as my freebie, which always feels good. I only have one concealer which is the Collection lasting perfection one which I love for any type of blemish and for the bags under my eyes. I spotted this Maybelline Superstay Better Skin and thought I would give a different concealer a go and try to branch out.

The consistency is quite thick and very similar to the Collection one. It doesn't come with an applicator on the end and is just a squeeze tube which I actually quite like, either going straight on to my finger or brush. When applying it to my under-eye area I found it to be quite cakey and didn't sit well on my skin. On the other hand any blemishes on my face were well concealed and I was happily surprised. It managed to cover my blemishes to the point where I couldn't spot where I had applied it. The colour match for me is perfect and it will certainly remain in my collection and will be using it for a while. 

Does it have the lasting power you say? Well the first day and every other day I've used this my redness under my nose and my facial blemishes were still well covered when returning home, especially after a day at work. I like to pat down some powder on top of my concealer to help keep it in place which probably helps its lasting power, but overall I really do like using this product. 

Do you have a concealer you swear by? I would love to know so I can branch out and try some more.

Don't forget to follow me on my instagram for picture alerts of my posts! @JPOPPY88

Thanks for reading!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great concealer, the coverage sounds impressive! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it just blends the blemish away! Not good under my eyes though. Give it a go! :) xoxo

      Delete