Sunday, November 16, 2014

A coat dilemma: Will it be khaki or camel?



I have a dilema on my hands.... is it going to be camel or khaki? Theres something about these two colours that I love in the winter. Camel can look really classy and smart where as I see khaki as smart but relaxed. So I need to make a decision and wondered if you lovely followers could help?

Khloe premium coat- £69.99 from Missguided - Having seen a picture of the gorgeous Sarah Ashcroft over at 'That Pommie Girl' wearing this obviously I instantly wanted it. It looked so luxe, soft, smart and just dreamy in the pictures. Its definitely on the upper end of my price range but feel that this would be a good investment? When thinking of possible outfits I can see this being quite versatile and could be worn with dress and heels and also jeans and trainers. I have one problem, I'm only 5ft5inch so will it be too long?

Khaki textured coat- £22 from New Look - I've wanted a duster coat for a while and really like them because of the thin material that you are able to really layer underneath for the colder days. This duster has a certain smart look to it also which I feel is because of the lapells. I like the fact it has pockets and can be dressed up and down. Being on the lower end of my price range it seems like a bargain, but should I be going for something made of a thicker material?

Camel oversized coat- £80 from River Island - Very similar to the Missguided coat however has that boyfriend oversized fit. Not 100% sure if that shape would flatter me as I think it could drown me, but I still love it. It's a lighter camel colour and has a button which I probably wouldn't do up but I like the way it breaks up the colour. It's quite smart looking  and could be worn during the day for a casual outfit and evening for smart. It costs more than the Missguided though!!!

The laden showroom mac- £115 from ASOS -This coat is totally different to the others I have seen and the most expensive! The fabric looks so luxe and soft and the way the coat falls is just lovely. I feel it's more on the casual side but could be a fun challenge to smarten it up. Its a beautiful colour and love the 3/4 length sleeves. 

The camel coat trend is certainly going to be seen everywhere but should I be different and go for a khaki coat instead?

Please comment and let me know what coat you like best!

Much love, happy Sunday!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I think they're both lovely but I do think the camel is such a classic!

    www.saltandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Amy. Thanks for helping :) xoxo

      Delete