Wednesday, October 15, 2014

What's on your lips? - Autumn edit


I am normally sporting an orange/red on my lips, MAC Morange one of my all time favourites. However since the shift in weather I have found my taste in lip colours have  changed. I have been enjoying a nice pop of colour more so vintage pink through to dark plum, all of which I have more multiple times this month and will continue to up to christmas I'm sure. 

MAC Dark side, MAC Please me and Tendertone in Tread gently

MAC Ruby woo, Maybelline Light it up

Collention 2000 Fairy cake 3

1-Combo of MAC 'Please Me' and MAC 'Tread Gently' Tendertone:

I was having a look through my large lip products box the other day and came across the MAC tendertone lip balm that I had had for a while. I decided to team it up with MAC Please me just dabbed onto the lips and rubbed in with my finger. The colour of Please me gives a, my lips but better look, and with the Tendertone over the top adds a little shimmer and a glossy look. I really like these two products together and feel they really compliment each other for a nice fresh nude look. Pretty, easy and quick  

2-Collection 2000 Cream Puff in 'Fairy Cake 3':

I own all of the Cream puff range from Collection 2000 (rebranded as Collection) and feel like you can't go wrong with them. They are that easy to apply that you don't need a mirror, and also very buildable to create a block of colour as well as a hint. I found it a bit strange when I first used one as when its dry it turns completely matte. This colour is a bit of an off colour and can't quite put my finger on however to describe the colour. It looks great teamed with a peach blusher and gives a nice flush of colour to the face.

3-MAC 'Ruby Woo':

This has to be a lipstick that everyone has right? Its just the perfect vintage red. I haven't had it long but since my sister brought it back from New York for me I have been so in love with it and used it a lot. Its a matte finish however glides onto the lips without it being too drying. It doesn't budge once applied and doesn't even transfer onto cups much because of the matte finish. The colour pay off is great and will always be one of my go to reds. Would look great as a christmas lip colour for a party or for the big day itself. 

4-Maybelline Colour Drama in 'Light it up':

This has only been in my collection for a week and is very similar to Ruby woo I know. The colour, yes is incredibly similar however the finish and the application is so different. This lip crayon is basically Ruby Woo but more velvety and smooth with a bit of shine. I normally find lip crayons drying on the lips, but this is very much the opposite. I will say though that it transfers quite a bit onto glasses and things so I secure it with lipcote (which is swear by). Maybelline don't have a big range of these however I will be having a look at the other shades next time I'm in town.

5-MAC 'Dark Side':

Last but not least is this dark red/purple beauty from MAC. With its amplified finish it definitely stands out on the lips and will get you noticed in a crowd. It looks gorgeous packed on with dark eyes, however it also looks just as nice dabbed onto the lips and smudged in. I have to take my time with the application of this product as the colour stains so easily and I can get a bit messy. I wore this the other day dabbed onto the lips for a subtle hint of colour and put some Lipcote on the top to secure it.

So these are my top 5 (one combo) lip products for autumn. I'm sure I will be using other products but these will be the ones I grab first.

What lip colours are you into at the moment? Do you have any to recommend? Have you got any of these and think anything different?

Thanks for reading! I am loving being back in the blogging community! I can't believe I didn't come back sooner. I bought a few items from Topshop yesterday so a fashion post will be up soon :)

Love you guys!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Katie! It's so nice isn't it :) Oh thanks! I'll check yours out. Would love it if you could follow.
      xozo

      Delete
  2. I just like how MAC ruby fits you!
    Wanna follow each other?Let me know! :)

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girl! It is one of my all time favs and will always repurchase :) Yeah sure!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete