Thursday, October 2, 2014

Products head to head: Light coverage

I'm all for a product that boasts a natural, light coverage that looks completely natural. A product that contains extra benefits like an SPF and also '5 in 1' also is attractive and draws me in when I'm having a ganders. I had been lusting over the 'Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer since I first saw Vivianna Does Makeup use it in a YouTube video (check her out! She's fab). I finally took the plunge a month a go however I already had a love for a tint, so obviously they went head to head. 



Starting with the Loreal: I was presently supprised that this very affordable item claims it is a '5 in 1' and works with your skin tone. It came out of the bottle velvety and white..... yes white. As you rub it into your skin is slowly changes to the shade you have chosen however also adapts to your skin tone. The velvet texture soon fades away and once rubbed in it starts to feel like you don't have anything on at all. With my skin type it feels almost slightly drying however this does not appear when looking at the face. I normally apply my face products and then go onto my brows to allow my skin to calm down before I go on to apply blusher etc. When I do go back to my skin its like I never put anything on and gives me a nice light coverage and a slightly dry canvas ready for the rest of my routine. I do find that even the light shade is a tad too dark for me, which I find strange as I'm not that pale.....surely?! 

Onto Laura Mercier: This is a thicker formula than the Loreal product, more like a foundation than the 'tinted moisturizer' that it says it is. When I first applied it to my face it smoothed into my skin in such a easy effortless way and looked so natural. Unlike the Loreal the Laura Mercier didn't feel drying, if anything it kept that smooth feeling that foundation normally holds and felt lovely on the skin. When going back to my face after my brows its still felt smooth and fresh like it did when I first applied. The shade I use in this is 'Nude' which I was matched to. It is a good match as long as I really work it into my skin.

Overall the staying power of both products were good but the Laura Mercier seemed to hold on that little bit longer, which I feel is down to the texture and the extra thickness compared to the Loreal. In my opinion both products are lovely to use and do what you expect from a moisturiser. I use the Loreal for day to day life (work) and the Laura Mercier for special occasions. Normally when I'm not feeling up for a foundation as it feels luxurious and I can trust that it will keep my skin looking great.

I would love to hear your opinions on some more tints or BB creams! Please comment below and also link me to your posts on this topic :)

Thanks for reading my lovelys

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love the BB cream! I've been using this for a while and had a lot of comments that my skin looked healthy which I don't normally get even when wearing expensive foundations so in that case I think it's a really good dupe for the laura mercier

    QuiteQuaint.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi QuietQuaint!
    It is still one of my go to everyday BBs and still enjoy wearing it. I totally agree! If someone is on a budget it ia most ceryainly a good one to go for.

    Thanks for taking the time to read and comment xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I bought the Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturiser a few months ago and agree that it is a lovely product, almost comparable to foundation in coverage. I was matched to the shade bisque, but now we are moving into autumn I feel this may become a little orange toned for me.

    Before the LM product I was using the Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint. I also enjoyed this but it was not quite as natural as the LM and had a dewier finish on oily skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thr Liz Earle one sounds interesting! I got sent a tester ages ago as a freebie when i bought some cleanser but never used itso I will have to give it a go. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.
      xoxo

      Delete