Friday, October 10, 2014

My Autumn go to eyeshadows



When I finally tear myself away from the pastel nail varnishes and a neutral quick and easy eyeshadow routine from spring and summer, I like to go with some nice colourful Autumnal vibes to see me through to winter.

I really enjoy adding colour to my eyelids in autumn, especially with these colours that I have in my go to quad right now. All of these eyeshadow are MAC and they are kept in a MAC quad pro pallet.  


 

Descriptions from the above picture:

Antiqued (Top right)- This is one of my newest eyeshadows and am yet to use it properly. However saying this I am wearing it tomorrow for my boyfriends birthday meal so I will get a snap of how it looks and post it on Instagram and Twitter. I was drawn to this shade in MAC the other day as I had been seeing so much red/burnt red on the eyes and lips in various magazines and loved how it looked. I was torn between Antiqued and Cranberry and went with this as it has a slight bronzed colour running through it instead of literally just red which is what Cranberry is like. Its quite pigmented as you can see on the swatch below and holds a little shimmer in there as well. I love red eyes and a dark berry lip at the moment.

Sumptuous Olive (Top right)- Believe it or not I have used this shadow quite a number of times however kinda looks untouched. This is lovely with anyone with  green eyes (like myself) just packed on all over the lid and blended out. When it catches the light you see some gold running through which in some lights almost looks metallic. You can easily use this shade alongside a crease colour to give your eyes some more dimension. 

Cork (Bottom right)-  I like to use cork for my everyday crease colour simply because it is close to my eyebrow colour and its not too intense for during the day. It has no shimmer what so ever so makes a good shadow to mix in with a shimmer to make the eye a bit more interesting. Its not very pigmented with just one swipe but can be easily built up and layered for a darker colour. I have used this with both Sumptuous Olive and Honey Lust and works well.

Honey Lust (Bottom right)- This was a shadow that I didn't particularly like when I first got it. I felt it was too pink and the colour pay of wasn't great on its own. After experimenting I found that using a cream eyeshadow base of a champagne colour worked well underneath Honey Lust and gave it something to hold on to. Once given a base this shadow was able to be layered and can be built up to a very nice pinky coppery shade which makes greens eyes really pop. I never use this on its own as it is quite shimmery and I feel on me needs the cork n the crease to just bring it down to a casual level. 

These are the four shades that I am reaching for at the moment. I find that all four work well with a variety of different lipstick colours which is great for me being a crazy lipstick lady.

From left to right- Antiqued, Sumptuous Olive, Honey Lust and Cork

What are you wearing on your eyelids at the moment? Do you have any recommendations for me?

Thanks for reading! See you on Sunday.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I really like the way Sumptuous Olive looks on the skin. It's pretty. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Carmen. Yes it is lovely and can look so pretty on the eye, just all over and blended out :) . Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wearing MAC Trax and Plum Dressing a lot this week.
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I will have to go and swatch them next time I'm there
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. MAC Antiqued looks lovely here, very autumnal. I have always been tempted by MAC cranberry as it has been reviewed so widely, but I like the fact that Antiqued has a bronze tone to it :).

    I always go back to the original Urban Decay Naked palette but should really try to branch out to some more adventurous colours now autumn is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm exactly the same! The naked palette never fails though does it haha. Antiqied is most certainly my favourite at the moment. Give it a go :) Thanks for dropping by and commenting
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete