Monday, October 6, 2014

I want BIG hair!



Hi all!

Hope the weekend was a goodern for you all and you enjoyed the sun that was around in the Kent area. Was a glorious Sunday!

Do you think bigger is better? I have always lusted over people with lovely full, bouncy hair. So I purchased this combo from Feel Unique hoping for that exact effect.

What is my hair like: My hair is thin and long, but I have lots of it so it gives the illusion that its thick. If I'm not careful it can look quite limp and flat if I just leave it without doing anything. I have tried countless products that have left my hair sticky, clumpy and greasy and was desperate for something to work with a more natural feel.

I have been using this product for a year now and this is my second lot because I loved it so much. It's quite a rich formula and if I use it too often it can be too heavy for my hair and it becomes greasy quickly and doesn't have a very nice bouncy effect. I'm into a routine of using this on a Sunday/Monday and then on a Thursday/Friday (all depending on what my plans are). When I haven't got any social plans it stays in the bathroom cupboard until the following week so it feels like a treat!

When in the shower it foams up amazingly and a little definitely goes along way. The smell is nice and refreshing and is a joy to use. It does take a while to wash out as the formula is so thick so prepare for arm ache.

Once out of the shower I blow dry my hair upside down to help with my lack of volume problem. I have however found that I can blow dry my hair upright after having used this combo. I have found it even better if I pull the hair up and away from the root. When it's completely dry it feels so luxurious, just like when you come out of the hairdressers! It's lovely and silky smooth however feels thick bouncy and helps give you a natural looking boost.

What do you use to get a bit of volume in your hair? Shampoo and conditioner?  Or special root boosting products? I would love to know.

Much love, 
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I have a lot of and long hair so it's hard for me to gain volume as well, for now I'm satisfied relying on dry shampoo but this sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting! Yeah I do like using dry shampoo, its does create a great effect. What one do you use?

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I think we might be hair twins, I also have the 'long, thin, lots of it' curse! I have just moved to Australia so I'm trying to hunt down the best shampoo out here to help me get some volume! Claire

    24 Hours From Home - Travel, Adventures and Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that I have a hair twin!! Wow, my friend is just about to come back to England after a year out there. Let me know your findings, would love to know. Thanks for reading and commenting :)
      xoxo

      Delete