Monday, October 13, 2014

I say YES to cucumbers !


Myself and my mum like to follow the advice from the lovely Caroline Hirons, that you don't need to break the bank on a moisturiser. Although I'm sure its lovely to use one that costs an arm and a leg I would prefer to use something more affordable. So I have kept this is mind from that day and am always looking for something that is affordable and does what it says on the tin.

I found this whilst browsing around my local Boots and spotted this new section of 'Yes to' products. They have a range for all skin types depending on whether you have sensitive skin, normal to dry, combination and acne-prone, fine lines and wrinkles and lastly uneven skin tone. 'Yes to' are 95% natural and are paraben, SLS and phthalates free. I chose to go with the sensitive skin moisturiser as my skin can be a little unpredictable when it comes to new products and I am just best going for it if it's available. 

After using this for a week now I can honestly say I look forward to applying it in the mornings. The consistency is thick however when smoothed onto the skin you can almost feel it sinking in and leaves it feeling fresh and smooth. The product has a slight cucumber smell which on its own smell fresh and is a nice smell to apply first thing in the morning. Straight after applying the moisturiser I start my make up and this just leaves such a lovely feel to the skin that tint/BB cream/foundation just glides on and it feels like a match made in heaven. Whilst having this I've have stopped using a make up primer because this gives such a great make up base.

Large pea sized amount

Smooth and melts into the skin

Yes to sensitive skin moisturiser retails in boots for £11.99 which I don't think is a bad price at all. It's quite a big size and will last w while as I only need to use a large pea sized amount. I will certainly be re-purchasing it and will recommend it to family or friends who are looking for something along this description.  

Do you have sensitive skin? I would love to hear what product you use and whether its working for you. Have you got this and love it? Or is it not working so well for you? Or have you tried anything else from the ranges that 'Yes to' have?  Please comment bellow as I would love to know :)

Thank you for reading, see you Wednesday!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe they sell these in boots. I want to use the yes to cucumber facial wipes :)

    i just posted a primark haul of which I would love for you to check out
    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :) I've heard the wipes are nice. Yeah no worries, will check it out now! Thanks for reading and commenting xoxo

      Delete
  2. I only use natural/organic skincare, so much more gentle for sensitive skin :) I love the Yes To lip balms but haven't tried many of their other products. Intrigued to try this moisturiser now you've mentioned how it's such a good base for makeup! x

    Ria @ naturiabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting lovely! Yeah definitely go try it out. It makes my face so lovely and silky. I will try the lip balm out :) xoxo

      Delete