Monday, October 27, 2014

Highlighting my face in autumn

Having a very heart shaped face I tend to feel the need to contour and highlight in order to get some definition into those 'chubby cheeks'. During the warmer months I tend to not use highlight as the natural sparkle of a dewy (sweaty) face does that for you. Now it's October and getting a bit colder my base is moving to the more matte look with a nice blush, and a touch of highlight. The man for that and what I am reaching for on a regular basis is my YSL Touche Eclat.

I have a few fav highlighters that I go between however the finish of this makes it my number one for a liquid highlight. It's supposed to cover dark circles and everything however I still need to use concealer first, I guess my bags are too dark. Once its applied I like to dab it into the skin and it gives a very subtle touch of highlight, nothing too in your face. Its very easily wearable and could even be applied without a mirror as it blends in so quickly and effortlessly.

Once I start I can't stop- Touche Eclat £25
If your happy to spend £25 on a good highlight that seems to last ages and that won't let you down, I would say go for it! Its a great product and great for newbies to the highlighter step as like I said its easy to work with and subtle. I am yet to try a Touche Eclat in the new variety of shades as this is the 'one colour fits all' one. There are cheaper products on the market including one that is slightly cheaper and one I would really like to try which is the Clinique Up costing £22.

Do you have a go to highlight? I would love to know.

Thanks for reading
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment