Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Review: Kevyn Aucoin 'The Eyelash Curler'



Hello lovely people! I have been wanting to tell you all about these amazing eyelash curlers for a couple of weeks now but held out so i can give you my real thoughts having used them for a while.
So i went to Space NK a couple of weeks ago in search of some Shu Uemura eyelash curlers as they are so hyped and seem to be everyones eyelash curlers of choice. So i hunted the shop, found them and a few other bits and took everything to the till. When the sales assistant notices that i have the Shu Uemura curlers she said to me " have you seen the Kevyn Aucoin ones? They are cheaper and personally so much better" So i went along with it. She gave me a very helpful demonstration on my lashes using The Shu Uemura ones on one eyelash and the Kevyn Aucoin ones on the other. I was instantly sold, and at £16 seemed like a great purchase. 

I have always suffered with stubborn lashes and no matter how much i curled them with my trusty Revlon eyelash curlers, they would just droop and not hold a curl for more than a few hours. I used to take my curlers to work so i could curl them through out the day in desperation for fuller longer curled lashes. 

So here are my eyelashes curled with the Kevyn Aucoin 'The Eyelash Curler'. PLEASE NOTE that this picture was taken after 6 hours at work with no make up touch ups at all.



Now to some my eyelashes might look normal but to me this is like a miracle. I only have two coats of Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara on which I'm not crazy about but it was the first thing i grabbed this morning. I feel it helps to separate my lashes and helps to curl my lashes up and not out. And it may sound a little silly but i really like the red on the curlers too :)


Here is a picture taken a while ago having used my Revlon Eyelash curlers...


Now to me my eyelashes look quite stubby and not very long at all.


Obviously this is a product that some people will get along with and love and others will not. To me this was a great buy and i will look after my Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curlers and keep them for a long time. The fact that i don't have to worry about re-curling my lashes during the day is heaven and I'm just so in love with them. Having said this i still feel the need to try the Shu Uemura ones :| haha.


I would love to know what Eyelash curlers you use, and whether you have tried these or the Shu Uemura ones. Please let me know.
Thank you reading, love you all :)


xoxo

6 comments:

  1. These seem really good, they make your eyelashes look great! I'm the same, my lashes droop after an hour or so with the curlers I use now, so I might try these :)

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arw thank you :) yeah they have been great the whole two weeks I've been using them, everyday my eyelashes stay curled ! Love them xoxo

      Delete
  2. these make your lashes look fab!! ive never used a pair of curlers, i may invest in some!!!
    I Love your blog and am a new follower, please take a look at mine

    love esme x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defo invest in some! They are the one thing I jut can't live without now :) and thank you so much for following xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, and thanks for ready xoxo

      Delete