Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Top 5 Bags

Recently i have purchased a few different bags, which made me think about my bag collection. I in fact have quite a few bags... 20 to be exact which i do think is a little crazy but i do have my favs of course. These five are the bags i absolutely love and use all the time, however two of the bags are recent purchases. But i know i will use them all the time and i am totally in love with them. So in no particular order...


1. Zara



This bag has been so popular in the blogging/Youtube world and when you have one, you know why. Its such a nice colour to use in the warmer months and the colder ones and the size is just perfect for someone who likes to take one of everything with them like myself. I wasn't too keen on the rose gold hardware at first as i only own gold and silver accessories but i am no longer fazed by this and wear it anyway. The material is not leather but feels soft and also is ok to wipe if it gets a little dirty. As this is a recent purchase and have only used it a few times, i already know i will use this a lot for work and maybe if I'm busy at the weekend and need to carry around a lot. 


2. Mulberry 



This is my baby and stays in its dust bag whenever its not being used. This is a more of an evening bag for me, that i take to dinner or something like that which is why its never in my OOTDs. (on that note i should do an evening outfit soon) I love this bag because it literally goes with anything, any outfit any shoes and its a winner. I really like the gold hardware on this bag and when i go out for dinner i always wear gold but i would still wear silver with this bag anyway. Its got one small zipped pocked on the inside with is great for your lipstick or something and then you have the main section of the bag.  I've had this bag for nearly two years now and because i have looked after it well its pretty much in maculate condition. I would definitely recommend investing in a Mulberry, they are a life investment for sure.


3.Longchamp



This was purchased around three years ago and is still going strong. I mostly use this for work as its really big and so hard wearing and goes with anything i wear so i don't have to worry early in the morning. It literally is just one big compartment so its like my Mary Poppins bag in which i just chuck everything in. Its a dark navy colour which does look black in different lights. I just love the tan detail on this bag and think it looks quite smart when styled right, but can also look casual. I have been thinking about getting a smaller one in a bright colour for summer...hmmmmm. Again just like the Zara(1) bag it is so easy to wash and can just wipe it down.


4.Zara



This bag is another recent purchased but oh my god do i love it so. It's so simple, versatile, vintage looking and smart all at the same time. This is black fake leather with a silver zip that runs along the top so you have two ways of entering the main compartment. You can use the long strap or tuck it in and use the bag as a clutch which is my preferred way to wear it. This is quite large actually and because i ordered it from the website i really didn't think it was going to be the size it was. Since i bought this i have used it when I have gone shopping as just a casual bag but next time i go out on the town I'm thinking this could be great! 


5.Charity shop find



I found this in a charity shop years and years ago for a ridiculously cheap price and its real leather! I snapped up this bad boy in a blink and went home so excited with my find. My dad told me when i got home that its a shooting bag used for empty shells for when people go out shooting. Since i bought this i have seen so many different bags that look exactly the same but for around £30-£40. Its aged beautifully and has so much character. 
Whenever i wear it i always have people ask me where its from and when i tell them they 
seem so shocked. Just shows you if you have a rummage you can really find a gem! 


So thats my Top 5 bags, do you have any of these bags? Are they in your Top 5? I would love to know. And I'm thinking of doing a few more Top 5 blog posts....what Top 5 would you like to see?





If you enjoy reading my blog and would like to nominate me for the Cosmo blog awards under Next Newcomer then please click HERE i would be most grateful :)




xoxo

16 comments:

  1. I have that Zara bag it's amazing isn't it! And that mulberry is to die for :) LV x
    lv-inlovewith.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and im not sure what Zara bag you are referring too but both are amazing :) xo

      Delete
  2. I love bags as well! I have too many, but I'll always buy more! :)

    You have a nice selection! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh tell me about it, i just cant stop buying them, i should really stop spending and start using the ones i dont really use. Thanks for reading :) xo

      Delete
  3. I love that first Zara bag! I never used to be sure about rose gold either but I love it now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly te same as me. But when you get it you kind of forget about it :p xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love the first bag!
    I think a little purchase may be made on payday!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah do it :) thanks for reading xo

      Delete
  5. I'm trying to get hold of the Zara bag, do you think it will still be instore or was it quite a while ago you bought it? there's a few going round on ebay tho!

    Laura x
    lookatmyclothes/blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few were in u local Zara at the weekend. I ordered my one from the website nearly 2 weeks ago so you should be able to get one. Or yeah eBays a winner! Xo

      Delete
  6. Love the Mulberry one, very classic! Been looking at getting the blac zara one too x

    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never regret buying that Mulberry because it will def last years and years. Zara bags are great value!! Thanks for reading :) xo

      Delete
  7. I'm planning on getting that Zara bag asap! I love the rose gold detailing and it's so hard to find accessories with it!

    xx,
    Jordana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the detailing is lovely, i thought it was going to be hard to wear gold and silver with it but its actually a nice clash. Thanks for reading xo

      Delete
  8. I do love a good Longchamps and Mulberry! I think I need a little Mulbs like this for evening use so I can save it for special occasions, I have the Taylor and because it's more of a daytime bag I'm always scared to use it in case I get it dirty!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a day time Mulberry. You should def have a look at getting an evening one :) Thank you for reading :) xo

      Delete