Thursday, May 31, 2012

Essie - Mint Candy Apple





This polish is and has been spoken about a lot by other bloggers and You tubers and i admit i am a bit late jumping on the band wagon and have only just purchased it. Mint is my favorite colour for a nail polish, i have quite a large collection of them in slightly different shades. However when i saw the new Essie counter up at my local Boots (Drugstore) I had to grab a new mint coloured polish, and i am so happy i did. 

I have a few polishes by Essie but from a while ago and the brush is really thin on them and i often was prone to streaks. The new brush is lovely, nice and thick and makes applying nail varnish so easy and streak free. I know packaging shouldn't really matter but i have always thought that Essie's bottles are really cute and nice enough to look at that you could put them on display in your room. I applied this polish on Saturday and took these pictures last night (Wednesday). The staying power is incredible on this polish and could have gone longer i think. It had started to slightly chip but the smallest amount that it can go unseen. I use the caviar top coat by Nails inc which i use every time i paint my nails. For some reason this Essie polish loved my top coat and stayed looking cute and had that just polished look. I can honestly say that 'Mint Candy Apple' has lasted the longest on my nails out of all the Essie polishes that i have tried! I had to write and speak to you guys about this as it really has amazed me, and i am going to be purchasing a few more Essie polishes if they will all have the same staying power as i am hoping its something to do with the new formulation that they have brought out along with the new brush! 

Have you tried Essie 'Mint Candy Apple'? What do you think? Did it last this well on you? Did it last for longer than me? Could you recommend any other Essie colours to me that are your favorites?

Thanks for reading guys! Always means a lot :) 

If you enjoy reading my blog and would like to nominate me for the Cosmo blog awards under Next Newcomer then please click HERE i would be most grateful :)

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. This colour looks gorgeous, I might have to try this out myself I saw that my local boots now also stocked Essie so might treat myself lol.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah do it! Such a lovely summer colour. Thanks for reading xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Same! Mints are my fav. Thanks for reading xo

      Delete
  3. Lovely colour! :)

    check out my blog giveaway!
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this shade by Essie! Love wearing it with crisp white clothing :) Love, VLL xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi would love it if you checked out my giveaway xx http://imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/giveaway-time.html

    ReplyDelete