Thursday, February 16, 2012

Light coverage

Personally i only ever wear medium - full coverage foundation when i go out for an occasion like a birthday or a get together or just a night out. So during the day i reach for light coverage foundations or a BB cream just so it allows my skin to breath slightly.


Below are the light coverage products i reach for and alternate between during the week. 







*The one i use the most is the Garnier Daily all-in-one BB cream in light*



I find it gives me the nicest finish on my skin, and helps it to look healthy and dewy. It has quite good coverage and on a good day i can go out the house just wearing this. It has a slight fragrance to it which is a nice smell but it could be a problem for sensitive skin.
I purchased it when it was on offer in Boots for £9.99 and has lasted me around 3 months so far, which isn't bad at all.
The consistency is quite thick. Thicker than what i thought it was going to be like. When you smooth it out over your face it thins out completely and seems to disappear into the skin very quickly. My personal rating of the Garnier BB cream is 9/10.








*The next product that i use quite a lot is the Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam*


At first i was a bit skeptical about the whole foam thing and still I'm not 100% sure about it. I find that when you press down to allow to foam to come out, even the slightest touch makes it spit out then runs out smooth and always far to much ends up on my hand.


However saying this i do like the finish it gives my skin. It is advertised as a light coverage foundation but i find it has quite a flawless finish and quite matte too which i prefer some days to dewy. I do find it hard to blend over my face and especially down my neck. 
Overall my personal rating of this product is 6.5/10.



*The last product i use is the Natural Collection tinted moisturiser* 


At first i thought hell yeah! £1.99... I'm trying that. I used it for around 3 weeks and realised that whenever i used this i put on a lot of powder to set it as it is literally just a moisturiser with a hint of tint that isn't really there. I wasn't bothered as it was a small £1.99. I do still use this when I'm dancing or when i go to the gym just so i feel a little bit nicer to look at in the mirror.



As you can see from the picture above, the consistency of this is very runny and thin. This does make it quite easy to apply and can be blended into the skin and down the neck. As i said above i do still use this but rarely. I would personally rate this 4/10.


Sorry this was quite a long post, feel free to comment below and let me know what you use.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I really want to give the garnier one a try but I can't seem to find it anywhere, at least not in the states!

    simplyyoursamb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? have you tried on the internet? Maybe ebay?
      Thank you for checking out my blog means a lot xo

      Delete
  2. these are really handy reviews! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the foam foundation sounds good bt i feel like on my skin it is not going to cover my blemishes well
    your lucky u dont need much coverage :)
    x
    http://fashion-journal-bysuzannemarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but trust me I have my bad skin days too :) I defo slap a bit of Mac on when my skin is bad.
      Thanks for reading xoxo

      Delete
  4. I have only used garnier and I'm pretty amazed with the results!
    great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I really enjoy using it. Thanks for reading. please feel free to follow :)
      xoxo

      Delete